HMN In The News
HomeboyMediaNews > in the News!
In this page we shall be listing some of the web-links that other websites honored us by linking to our stories, news, articles and other posts. Many thanks to all the webmasters and to all who contributed in linking to us. Your friendly action is highly appreciated. Thank you!
- HomeboyMediaNews has been referred at TripAdvisor.com™ which is the largest travel community in the world, with more than 5 million unbiased reviews and opinions, covering 220,000+ hotels and attractions. TripAdvisor™ is one of the most visited travel web domains worldwide, featuring real advice from real travelers and easy access to major online travel sites. Here is the link to our article > Euboea: Off the Beaten Path – TripAdvisor
- On 29/09/2006 Brizilian website Vivercidades-Revista wrote > “Caiu o último bastião da civilização ocidental: Atenas está infestada de shopping centers! Factory Outlet, em Atenas, projetado por Haris Bougadelis. Por Zeus, até tu Atenas! Imagem: grhomeboy.wordpress.com” Here is the link to that > http://www.vivercidades.org.br/publique222/cgi/cgilua.exe/sys/start.htm?infoid=1118&sid=18
- We have been referred at History Channel’s Forums/Boards. The link is > History Channel: TV Program Idea? Holy Snakes of the …
- HMN has been also referred by the Dutch website WhatWhereWhen. The link is > what is the biggest island in ancient greece
- Last but not least HomeboyMediaNews has been referred by many other websites and forums/boards. Some of these are > The GreekIslandsSearch, The PixelThisZine, TheBeachBlogCarnival, TheForumRussiansCyprus, The ModaByForumRussia, The ShortbustheMovie, TheDailyFrappe, The Phylax Blog.
- The above are just a few of our referrers. If we missed to mention someone, we apologise, it wasn’t our intention to missed them. They are all important and dear to us. We thank them as well.
- UPDATE > November 1, 2006 > HMN has been referred by a Greek Architecture Forum, the related link is > http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=405636
- On November 1, 2006 HMN has been also referred by the UrbanGreeks blog and the related link is > http://www.optodesign.ca/urbangreeks/?p=7
- HMN is proud to announce that it has been referred in the US newspaper Palm Beach Post http://www.palmbeachpost.com/ and its Community Link page http://communitylink.palmbeachpost.com/ Our articles about Greek tenor Mario Frangoulis is included. The link is Posted by grhomeboy in Entertainment Music, Arts Events Greece The articles can be also seen here SOURCE LINK
- HMN has been referred by The Stranglers Forum/UK on November 23, 2006. The link is > http://thestranglerssite.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7059
- Another praise came on December 2, 2006 from The Eastern Cyprus Com Forum this time on our info on Larnaca. The link is this one > http://easterncyprus.com/viewtopic.php?t=4265
- HMN has been praised in The Cyprus Living Forum. On December 3, 2006 HMN was said to be “I found the site very interesting-makes a change from some of the other sites I have looked at. Very good go to the top of the class.” The Cyprus Living Forum cited our info on Paphos: http://grhomeboy.wordpress.com/tag/travel-cyprus-paphos/
The link to The Cyprus Living Forum is > http://cyprusliving.netfirms.com/phpbb/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6402
- And a third Cyprus Forum, The Cyprus-Forum Com on November 24, 2006 referred HMN with this link http://cyprus-forum.com/cyprus8112-20.html
citing our > http://grhomeboy.wordpress.com/2006/11/15/paphos-a-home-on-a-cliff/
- And MSN Groups have been referring HMN on November 30, 2006! Heres a link > http://groups.msn.com/SecretValleyOwners/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=12
and here’s our article referred > http://grhomeboy.wordpress.com/2006/07/06/cyprus-turns-chic-2/
Another MSN Group praising and citing HMN was Aftershave, a Greek MSN Group, which is a proud member of The HomeboyMedia Group.
- A blog site from Finland > http://athena.vuodatus.net/blog/330192 on November 29, 2006 referred HMN on an article about Athens and its archeaological sites. The link to our article is > http://grhomeboy.wordpress.com/2006/11/01/kerameikos-at-the-mercy-of-nightlife-thugs/
- A web site dedicated to our Greek diva, Nana Mouskouri, has cited HMN. The links are NanaMouskouri.info and our article quoted is My name is Nana > Great summary of Nana’s autobiography in English
- Another travel blog LazyTravels has linked to our article The Athenian Riviera
- A Greek web site Icarian Sea has added HMN in their news sources. Check for the listing of Homeboy Media News into their related section.
- Many other Forums and web sites are also citing HMN. A recent example on Sun, May 13, 2007 is the BoxxetCom citing our post 50 Cent and Akon live in Cyprus Another Forum is the George Michael forum at George Michael Forums citing our news about George’s forthcoming live concert in Athens, 26th July, 2007.
- And yet, another Greek web site/blog is citing our daily news via one of the Greek news feeds aggregators. It’s called Athina Poli which means Athens City. Check it out and read us at their Athens NewsFeeds
- You may have heard about Daily Kos, the blog created by Markos Moulitsas, a.k.a. “kos”, political community in the United States, which is a a Democratic blog, a partisan blog. HMN has been cited by Daily Kos with their Al Gore on G-8 Deal: “A Disgrace Disguised as an Achievement”. They’ve said > Meanwhile, Gore’s efforts to combat the threat of Global Warming were applauded in Athens, Greece where the Prime Minister of Greece made this promise.
- Keeping an up-to-date list of web-sites or blogs citing HMN as a resource, turns to be a rather difficult task, but it’s a nice task! Knowing all those refferers its quite encouraging. A big thank you to all of you dudes! Here are some more additions to that list >
- HMN is proud to be cited by the “Song of the Whale” blog, part of the http://blog.stopwhaling.org/ Stop Whaling Now, International Fund for Animal Welfare. A site we highly recommend for visiting.
- And of course, credits should also apply to all the search engines out there. And believe me, there are thousands of them! From the very famous ones to many new and possibly not that famous, yet, ones, some of them still on beta editions and some of them based in countries which are far away, such as Argentina, which in fact is called Ithaki.Net after the Greek island of Ithaca, the land of Odysseus. Ithaki.Net www.ithaki.net was named ofter the Greek island as a paying respect to famous Greek poet C.P.Cavafy. In fact, there is a poem of Cavafy which goes like this >
“Quand tu partiras pour Ithaque, souhaite que le
chemin soit long, riche en péripéties et en
expériences. Ne crains ni les Lestrygons, ni les
Cyclopes, ni la colère de Neptune. Tu ne verras
rien de pareil sur ta route si tes pensées
restent hautes, si ton corps et ton âme ne se
laissent effleurer que par des emotions sans
bassese. tu ne recontreras ne les Lestrygons, ni
les Cyclopes, ni le farouche Neptune, si tu ne
les portes pas en toi-même, si ton coeur ne les
dresse pas devant toi.”
- HMN is not seeking journalistic laurels. But feels, in a humble way, proud when is featured in the blogroll of some of the world’s best journalists’ blogs and websites. One such a great reporter, editor and columnist, is Greek-American Tony Phyrillas, a leading conservative columnist and blogger based in Pennsylvania, US. Visit Tony’s blog at > http://tonyphyrillas.blogspot.com