jump to navigation

St. George’s Byzantine Church in Mystras April 23, 2007

Posted by grhomeboy in Greece Mainland, Special Features.
trackback

st_george.jpg  St. George’s Byzantine Church

Restored in 1953, this is one of the most characteristic of Mystra’s chapels. The south roof, with its attractive brickwork decoration, is particularly interesting. Like other chapels at Mystra, St. George served as a private church, the property of some aristocratic family whose members were buried here.

Related Links > http://www.laconia.org/Mystra1_St_Chistopher.htm

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: