Greek mini pizza > Recipes March 18, 2008Posted by grhomeboy in Food Recipes.
Tags: Food, Food Recipes, Greece, Greek Food
These Greek mini pizzas are great for kids’ parties.
• 8 mini Greek pita pockets
• Extra Virgin Greek Olive oil for brushing pitas
• 1/2-3/4 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
• 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
• 1/2 cup sliced, pitted Greek Kalamata olives
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
• 1/4-1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
• Lemon juice to taste
• Extra Virgin Greek Olive oil to taste
• Red pepper flakes to taste
Turn the oven on to the broiler setting and use a small mixing bowl to assemble the topping. Add the chopped roasted red peppers, sliced Kalamata olives, thinly slice red onions, a handful of chopped fresh mint, a drizzle of olive oil, a good squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of red pepper flakes and mix it up.
Next, brush a little olive oil over the top of the pita rounds, on a baking tray, crumble some Greek feta cheese on top of the pitas and pop them under the broiler to bake. The feta cheese isn’t necessarily going to melt but you want to make sure it’s hot all the way through and to give the pitas a chance to crisp up a little bit.
To finish, top each pita with a spoonful of the red pepper mix and pop it back under the broiler just long enough to warm through. Bon Apetite!